The 6 P’s of Personal Success
Every year I try to force myself to do a ceremonial CLEANING OF THE FILES. I go through (or at least try to) every file in every file cabinet in my two offices and to recycle or throw out unnecessary paper; folders; notes and sundry materials. It could be said that I am a hoarder of sorts with business materials. I know it sounds goofy, but I have attended or been a part of some remarkable sales, marketing and business training in my career so far. And the materials and notes from these meetings are incredible valuable when you look at it in the perspective of time, effort and money spent. Now with that I have found an excuse. Heck, I still have notes from sales meetings that I attended in the 1970’s. You never know when that information might come in handy… right?
While deep into this year’s attempted purge I came across a tattered and torn, yellowed 5×7 file card. The writing on the card had almost faded but it was still legible. It was held together with tape of some kind but I could still make out the note which was important enough for me at one time to put just this one concept on this one card. It was titled The 5 P’s of Personal Success!
Some people today might scoff at this kind of motivational mantra but to me and others who truly commit themselves to long term personal growth and development, the message here is timeless!
The 6 P’s of Personal Success!
- PURPOSE – I have dedicated the time and effort to create and maintain well thought out, written goals. I have taken the same care and diligence to focus on analyzing and clearly understanding my values. These two things will shape my future and everything that I do. It will be the guiding light to all of my future achievement.
- PRIDE – I get up every morning with the ability to say “I feel good about myself. “ I understand that I don’t need the acceptance of other people to feel important. I love what I’m doing and I am passionate about it!
- PATIENCE – I believe that things will eventually work out well. I don’t need everything to happen now!
- PERSISTENCE – I stick to my purpose, especially when it seems inconvenient. I live in the immortal words of Sir Winston Churchill, “Never, Never, Never, Give Up!”
- PERSPECTIVE– I take time to enter each day quietly in a mood of reflection, to get focused and listen, to my inner self to see things more clearly.
- PASSION – I am passionate about what I do every day. Passion attracts people and opportunities. Not crazy, wild eyed passion but passion that shows in all of my actions, in everything that I do and say. The day that I am not passionate about what I do, I will re-focus and find something else that I can be passionate about.
I hope that this serves as a reminder that it’s the simple, basic and foundational things that will get us to where we’re going faster than the latest fad. If you might need some help in this process, give me a call or write today. That’s what I do and I’m open for business.
As always, BE GREAT!
Leave a Comment