Over the years, I have come to realize the value of writers; columnists and speakers who have a consistent message that is timeless and always valuable. I then have grown to follow these people and to listen and learn from their message. Even though I have never met many of these people I have come to consider them to be my personal mentor and personal success guide. Many I know or knew like the legendary business development guru Brian Tracy or the timeless message and inspiration of Zig Zigler.
One that I haven’t met but have followed for years is businessman, author and columnist, Harvey Mackay. I read his work and really treasure his thoughts and dedication to keeping success simple. He is particularly famous for his Mackay’s Morals which always appear at the end of his weekly newspaper column. Recently Mr. Mackay published his favorite Mackay’s Morals after 21 years of writing his syndicated column.
So today I would like to share some of my personal favorite Mackay’s Morals:
- No one is as important as all of us.
- Gratitude is a continuous attitude
- Killing time isn’t murder; it’s suicide
- We all have to grow up, but we never have to get old.
- Corporate integrity begins with personal integrity
- “We” is a little word that sends a big message
- People don’t care how much you know about them once they realize how much you care about them.
- The only person that can put limits on your imagination is you.
- Doing the right thing is never the wrong thing to do
- There is one thing more contagious than enthusiasm and that is the lack of enthusiasm
- People are judged by the company they keep. Companies are judged by the people they keep.
- They say a word to the wise is sufficient, but I say a word from the wise is a gift?
- There is no such thing as a final offer.
- Failure is not falling down but staying down.
- Exercise your brain so your memory doesn’t get flabby
- Most people strive to be better off, but few strive to be better
- Failure isn’t final unless you sayit is
- A plan isn’t a plan until you have a backup plan
And finally, my all time favorite Mackay Moral……….
- Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.
Thank you Harvey for sharing your experience and a Moral way to live a successful business life.
If you’re in need of living a better business life, call or write me. As a master business coach, this is what I do and I’m open for business.